If you are looking for the world full of excitement, competition and enormous wins, welcome to the poker world! Here you can try your skills, improve your game play, master your bluff and most importantly win high stakes. You can chat with other players, ask your croupier anything you need and feel the poker tension in the comfort of your own home.
Rules and features of casino live poker
Poker is a game using cards, in which the player that ends up with the strongest combination wins. There are the following poker combinations form the strongest to the weakest one:
- Royal Flush
- Straight Flush
- Four of a Kind
- Full House
- Three of a Kind
- Two Pair
- One Pair
- High Card
When the game starts, a particular player makes a forced bet and initial cards are dealt. The players star acting one by one with the following moves:
- Check – The player does not open the betting and passes the move to the next player.
- Bet – Just one player can put a bet in each round.
- Fold – The player does not support previous player’s bet and loses their cards till the next live poker circle.
- Call – The player supports previous player’s bet by matching the highest bet.
- Raise – The player supports previous player’s bet and also makes a bigger bet. All the following players have to call this bigger bet or raise it to stay in the hand.
If in some round players do not have enough chips to call, they can go all-in putting all the chips left in the bet. When players made their last call or raise in the closing round, a showdown appears and all cards are revealed. The one with the strongest combination wins everything or the bets can be shared between the players with the same combinations.
The most played types of live poker
While poker has the general rules of game play, different types of poker have their own specifics.
The most popular types of poker are:
- Texas Hold’em. Texas holdem poker is the most common type of live poker. Players get two face up cards each. One player usually gets the dealer button and two following players get small and big blind, which open the betting. Then five cards are put on the table faced up. These moves are named the flop, the turn and the river. Players finally aim at the strongest five-card combination out of all seven cards.
- Omaha. Players get four hole cards each, however, they can only use two of them. All the following moves are as in Texas Hold’em.
- Seven-card stud. Players receive two hole cards and a third card faced up. Then in each circle, they receive additional four cards, so in the result they have three cards faced down and four cards faced up. The win is given to the strongest five-card combination.
- 2-7 Triple Draw. Players are given five cards and each round can discard up to all the cards they have with the replacement from the dealer. The ultimate goal is to get the weakest five-card combination.
- Chinese Poker. Four players take cards from a single deck and put them open-faced. In the end, players put all the gathered 13 cards into the top, middle and bottom rows and then compare them.